Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Black and White Wednesday

The Long Road to China is hosting the second week of black and white Wednesday, so here is my entry. Her goal is to create a wall of black and white photos. I truly love that idea. I do also love color, but something about black and white photos are so classic and timeless. All of the distractions just fade, and the person's eyes and face truly tell the story.

Thank you also for the sweet comments on last week's post and on the photo in my header. Now that everyone has seen it, I don't think I will enter it, but wanted to say it is probably my favorite photo I have taken. Totally spotaneous. She laid her head down and I snapped the picture. I love the texture of her jacket, the way her hair frames her face, and the catchlights in her eyes. Thanks again!!


My first entry for this week shows how much sweet Little Bit loves to swing. Check out the other entries at thelongroadtochina.blogspot.com





My second entry is me and Little Bit, taken by her 6 year old sister. She is a very loving little lady!!

9 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous little face. Love the softness of the processing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can see and feel the love in the second shot!!
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is as cute as can be!! I love both photos.....but the second one is just so sweet! The picture really tells a story!

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. Your pictures are SO great. I just totally love them! I also love your header. I noticed it right away and was going to tell you how much I liked it! You are so right, some pictures just scream for black and white. Yours look awesome! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...I love the 2nd shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a little sweetie ... great B&W!! Love your header!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can just see the joy and love jumping out of these photos...perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your photos! They are beautiful. I must say your header photo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can really feel the emotion in these pictures.

    Beautiful!

    Blessings~
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete